Since I created my Homemade Ranch seasoning, the floodgates have opened for new recipe ideas. Ranch seasoning is a delicious addition to all dishes, including burgers. These Bacon Ranch Turkey Burgers were so simple and delicious that I may never again go out to eat burgers.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE RANCH SEASONING
The ranch seasoning mix is the key to these turkey burgers. I made my homemade ranch spice. But, you can also use a packet of Hidden Valley or any other brand of ranch seasoning. One packet is required, which will be about 3 Tbsp.
CAN I USE ANOTHER TYPE OF MEAT
You can make bacon ranch burgers with ground beef, ground pork, and even ground chicken. Because of the lighter flavour, I prefer turkey to ground chicken.
To keep your burgers moist, use ground meat with some fat.
AN OTHER BURGER TOPPING TIP
My burgers were topped with cheese, bacon and tomato. It was almost like a BLT on steroids. If you don’t like what I used, you can always change the toppings. These ranch burgers would also be great with other topping ideas:
- Avocado or guacamole
- Red onion
- Ranch dressing
- French fried onions
- Buffalo sauce
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Comeback sauce
WHAT TO SERVE WITH RANCH BURGERS
My Ranch Burgers were served with Garlic Parmesan Oven-Fried. But many great sides can be paired with these burgers. You could also try some potato salad, Classic Creamy Coleslaw, or a simple side dish.
BACON RANCH, TURKEY BURGERS
These Bacon Ranch Turkey Burgers, which are super easy to make, are some of the best homemade burgers. Simple ingredients, tons of flavour!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 8 slices bacon ($2.99)
- 1 lb. Ground turkey ($3.99)
- Ranch seasoning mix* (3 Tbsp) ($0.53)
- 1 Tbsp of cooking oil ($0.04)
- 4 slices cheese (optional) ($1.15)
- 4 hamburger buns ($1.25)
- 1 tomato ($1.40)
- 4 leaves lettuce ($0.55)
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise ($0.25)
- The instructions on the package will tell you how to cook the bacon. You can also use the microwave, oven or skillet to brown the bacon until crispy.
- Combine the ground turkey with the ranch seasoning mixture in a bowl. Mix the ranch seasoning mixture into the ground turkey with your hands.
- Make burger patties by dividing the ground turkey into equal portions. As the meat cooks, it will shrink a lot so make sure to shape your patties into burger patties about 4.5 inches wide.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add your burger patties to the skillet. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Add a slice of cheese to each hamburger, cover the skillet with a lid, and let the cheese melt in the pan.
- Slice the tomato while the burgers cook. Use the buns, tomatoes and mayonnaise to build the burgers. Enjoy!
You can either use store-bought ranch seasoning or make your own. Use 3 tablespoons of ranch seasoning comes in bulk and not in a single packet.