You can make simple homemade sauces or glazes in the kitchen. These sauces are the easiest way to transform a dull piece of meat into something delicious and memorable. Honey Mustard Pork Chops are a great example. This sauce is a mixture of honey, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise for creaminess. It also contains a few spices. Spread the sauce on some pan-seared pork chops. Then, heat them in the oven for a while to finish. You get creamy honey mustard madness. It’s madness but in a good way.
BAKE TIME MAY VARY
Pork chops are delicate flowers. It would be best not to overbake them as they can become dry and tough. This is where cooker intuition comes in. The recipe below gives an approximate bake time, but it will depend on many factors. How thick your pork chops are will determine the time they bake and how long they take to cook. They will need less time in the oven if cooked in the skillet for longer. These are important things to remember when you cook your pork chops. I wish you the best of luck with your pork chops!
CAN I USE BONELESS PORK CHOPS
You can make something similar using boneless pork chops, but with a modified technique. This recipe is for bone-in pork chops. They take longer to cook than those with boneless chops. You can reduce the baking time by using boneless chops. It would be best if you always had a meat thermometer on hand to check the temperature of your meat and avoid overcooking. You may not need to bake thin boneless pork chops after searing. To make the sauce more glaze-like, coat the seared chops in the sauce. You can cook them in any way you like, but they must reach an internal temperature between 145oF and 145oF.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HONEY MAYARD PORK CHOPS
My Honey Mustard Pork Chops were served with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and sweet potato. They cooked at different temperatures than the pork chops, so I first cooked the vegetables and then turned down the oven temperature before adding them to the pork chops. To avoid overcooking the pork chops, ensure your oven is at the right temperature before baking them. You could also pair it with something simple and lighter like Simple Sauteed Vegetables, Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus and some Seasoned rice.
HONEY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS
Honey Mustard Pork Chops can be anything but boring, thanks to a sweet, tangy and savoury homemade honey mustard sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ($0.53)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.18)
- 2 Tbsp honey ($0.24)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika ($0.03)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp of cooking oil ($0.02)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 2.5 lbs.) ($5.02)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350oF Mix together the honey mustard sauce.
- To dry the pork chops’ surface, use a paper towel. Season each side with salt and freshly cracked pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add two pork chops at once and cook for 3 minutes on each side. The browned pork chops can be placed in a casserole dish. It’s fine if they overlap slightly.
- Spread the honey mustard sauce on both sides of the pork chops. Bake for 30 minutes for chops that are 1-inch thick and 20 minutes for chops that are 3/4-inch thick, or until the internal temperature is 145oF. Broiling the chops can increase the browning. Serve immediately
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 475.63 Kcal Carbohydrates 8.9 G Protein: 49.85 G Fat: 25.65g Sodium 613.25mg Fiber: 0.08g